Project Tech4Dev, an initiative of the Chintu Gudiya Foundation, works with Indian NGOs to enhance the implementation of their programs through strong data collection, analysis, and visualization tools. In 2019 and 2020, we received applications from a wide range of NGOs and worked with 40+ NGOs for technology projects. Our 10 partners have deep expertise in building software for a wide range of applications.
2021 Application Process – Tech4Dev 5th Cohort
For the fifth cohort of Tech4Dev, our focus will be on training a group of 10-12 NGOs on best practices in communicating digitally with your end-users. Our goal is to onboard these NGOs onto Glific – our open-source platform that is built on top of WhatsApp Business API. In specific, we will focus on:
- How to connect with your audience using the WhatsApp Business API & Glific.
- How to engage efficiently at scale
- How to set track and measure your impact
The application form is here (https://forms.gle/2R1dQqEw57nahxhp9). We kept the application short and simple and estimated it should take you a max of 3-4 hours. The deadline is April 11th
- NGOs will be responsible for 50% of the overall costs. At the minimum engagement level (250K messages), we estimate your total cost will be approx INR 1 lakh for 3 months. The NGO will be responsible for INR 50,000, Tech4Dev will cover the other 50,000. This includes: Glific setup fees, Glific monthly fees, 3-day training, monthly training webinars, and 10 hours consulting.
- The NGO is responsible for all messaging costs (payable directly to our WhatsApp partner, Gupshup.io).
- We are planning a week together for the cohort in May. Location to be determined (and could be online). The group size will be 20 – 30 people.
- We expect each NGO to send two people preferably. At least one of them should be technically savvy. If you don’t have tech folks on your team, don’t worry, Project Tech4Dev will have our training partners to help you. We will need to do a fair bit of work online before the meeting, so please ensure you have the energy and bandwidth for this if interested.
- The primary goal is to have NGOs who are considering doing regular interactions with their users (at least 5 messages/month) and want to make the communication two-way. The NGO should have a good idea of their communication flow.
- Our training partner for Glific is the team from Tech4Good Fellows, who have been working with NGOs in India on tech capacity.
- To get a better sense of Glific, you can watch videos of the product and previous webinars (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJfQhrbJSCWQtzdI484nng/videos )
Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Your organization works in India
- Your organization is a growth-stage not-for-profit or a social business, with an annual budget above INR 50 Lakhs
- You have a specific and clear project description and communication workflow
- You believe that using technology in your primary mission will make your work more efficient and/or increase your reach
- You have the budget to pay the program fees, messaging costs, and recurring costs.
Please do not apply if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You do not have a specific and clear project description
- You do not have at least one staff person dedicated to interacting with your users digitally
- Your budget is under 50 lakhs
How to Apply
Complete the Glific Cohort Application (https://forms.gle/2R1dQqEw57nahxhp9 ). We will review applications in the second week of April and notify you by the third week of April of your status. For any queries that are not answered in the information above, please reach out to us. We are happy to get on a call with NGOs who need help in filling out the application. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline and Important Dates (all times IST)
- Application Deadline: 11:59 pm, Apr 11th, 2021
- The first round of results: Apr 18th
- Phone Interviews with selected NGOs: Week of Apr 19th
- Final decisions made and NGOs informed: Apr 26th
- Payment for program due: May 3rd
- Program Dates: Week of May 10th or May 17th (to be decided shortly)