This is an atypical update, since it comes mid-quarter. We’ve had a bit of good news and publicity for Tech4Dev and Glific that we’d like to share with you before the next update in the 1st week of October.
- In the short span of 15 months, Glific has gone from being an idea to becoming a Global Digital Public Good. The Digital Public Goods Alliance is a multi-stakeholder initiative (endorsed by the UN and spearheaded by Norway & Unicef) with a mission to accelerate the attainment of the sustainable development goals in low- and middle-income countries by facilitating the discovery, development, use of, and investment in digital public goods.
- My journey in the social sector from funding to neck-deep involvement, along with highly biased opinions and thoughts can be heard on the No-Cast extension podcastwith Deval from Dasra. I’ve known Deval and Neera for decades now, and I am happy to blame them for my involvement in the sector. A worthwhile listen (maybe at 2x speed to save time!) especially if you are in the social sector and/or thinking of getting involved.
- We were recently featured in YourStory (the TechCrunch of India) in their social stories section: How this San Francisco-headquartered open-source platform is providing a chatbot to NGOs
- We were also featured in NextBillion: Rethinking Community Connectivity: As the Pandemic Wears On, NGOs Turn to Technology for Information Dissemination and Behaviour Change
- Tech4Dev in partnership with Svarya and CSIP is facilitating the technology day section of the Resilience Strategy for NonProfits Course
Thank you for all your support and help. Please continue spreading the word, letting other folks know about Tech4Dev and Glific and making introductions to folks whenever possible. Our combined efforts will help us build a strong, supportive and sustainable ecosystem.