This is an update we shared via email with the community and our funders. Posting it here, in case you are not on either of those lists 🙂
We want to take this time to thank our community for supporting us over the past couple of years.
The financial stability that our generous funders have provided us has made our life a lot easier. As you are aware, this year has been radically different, but we feel quite good about our approach and our pivot towards focussing on our open-source platforms while giving our NGO partners the space to handle the pandemic within their organization and programs.
A few highlights for Tech4Dev over the past year (Jan – Dec 2020)
- Glific – our two-way communication platform has had tremendous traction within the NGO community in India. In the span of 7 months, we’ve gone from a concept to a working product and have 10+ NGOs paying to use the SaaS platform. We got a significant grant from Omidyar Network India for Glific and will be exploring opportunities to collaborate on open source technology with ON.
- We got a head start working with NGOs in the first quarter of 2020. Thanks to the early start, we managed to deliver solutions to 20+ NGOs via Tech4Dev.
- The third-cohort NGOs have used a communication platform to deliver timely messages to their communities during the pandemic. In particular, we are proud of the work done by Saajha and Reap Benefit. The common thread in their work was the combination of personal and automated conversations with their beneficiaries. Their learnings have been incorporated into Glific.
- We incubated the FundImpact platform – a grant management system for NGOs to consolidate budget expenditures and project performance in one place. The platform allows NGOs to automate the routine & monotonous reporting work. FundImpact will facilitate hundreds of NGOs across India in reducing their efforts on reporting project performance and managing grants from donors.
- For the Avni Project, digitizing the community health projects for organizations like JSS and ASHWINI, covering all their vertical programs was the big milestone achieved in 2020. Avni is now full-featured fieldwork and beneficiary MIS for community-based organizations.
On behalf of all of us at Project Tech4Dev, we wish you and your families a happy and safe holiday season. Please take care.
P.S> Our Q4 2020 quarterly report will hit your inbox in the second week of January 🙂